In order to graduate from the University of Iowa with your Bachelor of Applied Studies (BAS) you must have at least 120 semester hours from all sources with a maximum of 60 semester hours, including career-technical course work, from your associate degree or two-year institution.
Your 120 semester hours must include:
- Completion of BAS Core Requirements
- Completion of Distribution Area Requirements
- 45 semester hours of Upper-Level Coursework
- 30 semester hours of credit earned from the University of Iowa after admission to the BAS program
A minimum 2.0 cumulative grade-point average (GPA):
- Overall (combined transfer and UI)
- University of Iowa
- After admission to BAS
Students with an Associate of Arts degree from an Iowa community college or other two-year institution participating in articulation agreements with the University of Iowa have satisfied all BAS Core general education requirements except Business/Management.