Offered by the Division of Continuing Education and the Larned A. Waterman Iowa Nonprofit Resource Center in collaboration with University College, the Nonprofit Management Certificate may be completed entirely ONLINE. The program provides a balance of academic principles and real-world experience as well as a fundamental understanding of how nonprofit organizations participate in building communities.
To earn the ONLINE Certificate in Nonprofit Management, students must successfully complete 18 semester hours (s.h.) and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in all course work.
- ENTR:2000 Entrepreneurship & Innovation (ENTR:1350 Foundations in Entrepreneurship must be taken as a co-requisite or prerequisite)
- MGMT:3500 Nonprofit Organizational Effectiveness I
- MGMT:3600 Nonprofit Organizational Effectiveness II
Select 9 s.h. from the following courses:
- COMM:1819 Organizational Leadership
- EALL:4130 Introduction to Grant Writing
- EDTL:4081 ePortfolio Production (1,2 s.h.)
- EDTL:4936 Home/Community/School Partnerships
- ENTR:3500 Social Entrepreneurship
- IS:3910 Human Rights Advocacy
- POLI:3110 Local Politics
- POLI:3123 State Politics in Iowa
- SOC:4225 The Social Psychology of Leadership
- SSW:3904 Human Services Administration (2 s.h.)
HOW TO DECLARE THE CERTIFICATE
Students may add a certificate program to their plan of study at any time. Once added, a separate degree audit will be produced. There is no penalty to remove a certificate program from a plan of study and one may be removed at any time.
Current BAS/BLS students can email their assigned academic advisor and ask to be formally declared.