As an undergraduate or graduate distance and online nondegree student, you can enroll in online courses at the University of Iowa without seeking a degree.
To be admitted you will:
- Go to: Distance and Online Nondegree Application
- Go to ‘Create Account…’ button
- Go through the steps for New Account Setup and fill in the requested information
- This will take you to a page titled, Distance and Online Nondegree Application for Admission. Fill in personal information as requested.
- After you complete and submit the application, wait for an email from the Office of Admissions (email@example.com) that will give instructions on how to set up your HawkID. This may take up to 24 hours.
University Records and Documents Fee: All Distance and Online Nondegree Students will be assessed a $75.00 University Records and Documents Fee upon their second enrollment session.
- Students are required to submit college transcripts when/if entering a certificate or endorsement program.
- Graduate students seeking to receive graduate credit are required to submit official transcripts showing your baccalaureate (or higher) degree
- Undergraduate nondegree students do not need authorization to register.
- Graduate students need to be authorized to register before they are able to enroll in courses each semester. If you receive an error message that indicates you need to be authorized, contact Distance and Online Education Registration/Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.