The North Campus Test Center (NCTC) is our primary location. We provide in-person proctoring services to the University of Iowa and community members in support of their educational and career goals.
All 48 Test Center computer stations provide a reduced distraction environment approved by Student Disability Services. We are also an approved location for proctoring exams from other universities, licensure and certification exams (Scantron), and placement exams (CLEP & DSST).
Primary Test Center:
North Campus Test Center (NCTC)
W216 Chemistry Building
230 N Madison Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. & Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed on designated University of Iowa holidays.
The Test Center will operate at a reduced schedule (Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) when University of Iowa classes are not in session.
All activities in the Test Center are monitored and recorded. Use of the Test Center constitutes consent to video and audio monitoring.
- Upon arrival, check in with the proctor and provide a valid photo ID. Iowa students should use their student ID.
- Only materials pre-approved by your instructor are allowed at the desk while you test.
- You will store all personal belongings in a locker or shelf before being seated.
- Phones must be turned off and stored with your personal belongings.
- No food or drink is allowed at the desks. Store any food & drinks with your belongings, where you may access it if needed.
- You may use foam ear plugs to avoid auditory disturbances. If you do not have your own foam ear plugs, the proctor can provide them to you upon request.
- No guests are allowed in the Test Center.
- The Test Center is not responsible for personal items stored during the exam.
Examples of suspicious behavior include (but are not limited to):
- having a cell phone at the testing station
- speaking or communicating to other students in any way
- looking at someone else's exam
- looking at notes, books or other materials not specifically allowed
- using electronic devices not specifically allowed
- If you feel sick, please stay home and reschedule your appointment. If you are not sure who to contact to change your appointment, call 319-467-4628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you have concerns about testing in person, please contact your instructor to discuss alternate options.
Secondary Test Center:
DOE Test Center
Room 234 Continuing Education Facility (CEF)
30 S Dubuque Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Open as needed during DOE midterm and final exams.
Please note: None of the 67 seats in this room are considered reduced distraction.
SDS Test Center:
Student Disability Services (SDS) Exam Services offers proctored exam support for asterisked exam accommodations, such as use of computer or other adaptive equipment for exams, in the University Capitol Centre (UCC).