The North Campus Test Center (NCTC) provides in-person proctoring services to University of Iowa students and community members in support of their educational and career goals.
All 48 Test Center computer stations provide a reduced distraction environment approved by Student Disability Services. We are also an approved location for proctoring exams from other universities, licensure and certification exams (DSST & Scantron), and placement exams (CLEP).
W216 Chemistry Building
230 N Madison Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. & Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed on designated University of Iowa holidays.
The Test Center will operate at a reduced schedule (Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) when University of Iowa classes are not in session.
Need to speak with a proctor directly? Calling after hours?
Call 319-467-4628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact a proctor.
Test Center Rules and Regulations
All activities in the Test Center are monitored and recorded. Use of the Test Center constitutes consent to video and audio monitoring.
- Upon arrival, check in with the proctor and provide a valid photo ID. Iowa students should use their student ID.
- Only materials pre-approved by your instructor are allowed at the desk while you test.
- You will store all personal belongings in a locker or shelf before being seated.
- Phones must be turned off and stored with your personal belongings.
- No food or drink is allowed at the desks.
- Store any food & drinks with your belongings, where you may access it if needed.
- You may use foam ear plugs to avoid auditory disturbances. If you do not have your own foam ear plugs, the proctor can provide them to you upon request.
- No guests are allowed in the testing room.
- The Test Center is not responsible for personal items stored during the exam.
Examples of suspicious behavior include (but are not limited to):
- having a cell phone at the testing station
- speaking or communicating to other students in any way
- looking at someone else's exam
- looking at notes, books or other materials not specifically allowed
- using electronic devices not specifically allowed
- If you feel sick, please stay home and reschedule your appointment. If you are not sure who to contact to change your appointment, call 319-467-4628 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- If you have concerns about testing in person, please contact your instructor to discuss alternate options.